Monday, 17 March 2008

patchwork


Go and check out Old Red Barn Co. Dana is giving away THE most beautiful quilt. But if you win - you must share with me!!!


I've been embroidering panels for a family quilt I am making my Mum.....for Christmas! Well it is going to take me quite a while you see!


F's love of all nature!


Dad who loves to snorkel and has pink flippers! Have yet to think of words to embroider, T. says 'Big Fairy' which is all I can think of putting now!


Mum who got stuck in the mud in Whitstable and then fell over was one of the funniest moments!


T. who always has swordfights with Grandad.


Mum and Dad owned and ran 3 nurseries and it was everything to them.


headless people having Christmas lunch - ready to be embroidered!

I still have a few more panels to do but it's going to be a big quilt! I've taken the basics from A Family Gathering by Anni Downs (can't find you a hyperlink for the book - sorry!)
I bought a Moda jelly roll in Vintage holiday fabrics - jelly rolls - what a fab name, but why?!

I just need to get my head around setting the embroidered panels into the long patchwork strips.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oooo! Thanks for the mention. So winning your extra entries.

Love your panels . . . I'll be back to check out your site more soon.

Adrienne said...

wow - that is going to be some quilt.

Pinkie Cupcake said...

Wow G, those panels are gorgeous! I love the "Stuck in the Mud" one!!!!!! You must get hens too - or you can look after mine while I'm on hols ;0)

S xxx