Tuesday, 27 January 2009

6th Photo

In the 6th folder, take the 6th picture and post it on your blog.
Write something about the picture.
Challenge 6 new people to join this challenge..
I have been tagged by Teen!
So here we go!
This picture was taken April 2006 - I think!
This is a picture of Frank helping out with a bit of wallpaper stripping in a very cool hat.
Honestly it really wasn't that cold - I know it looks bad with the fleece and woolly hat!
He is very good at it, in fact they both are. Many hours have been spent with a scraper, spray bottle (best toy ever!) and whoops of joy, when they got a piece off that was bigger than a postage stamp!!


There has been lots of wallpaper stripping in this house as it was wallpapered to death in the worlds worst - even the ceilings!


We are getting it done but slowly. My bedroom, which was hideous shades of lilac with orange pine - yes it really was orange! The owner was very proud that he had not only made the wardrobes but managed to get all the woods to match....hmmm lovely.

Not the best photo as these were scanned in from the details. See the orange?? The curtains were a dark dusty pink velvet and matched the shagpile carpet. The curtains have gone, the orange wardrobe doors are now cream and the walls are too. I couldn't stand looking at the lilac/orange combo so they had to be painted out! Sadly when you look inside the wardrobes the orange is still there!

Soon, well ok this year - lets be realistic, it will be all done. We are in the process of decorating F+T's rooms. Yes, the year long campaign has finally paid off and they are getting their separate bedrooms.

I just hope they really do like being apart!

So 6 of you need to do this! Soooo..... take on the challenge! I don't want to nominate anyone but let me know if you have done it as I'd love to see and read your 6th!

3 comments:

Macpurp said...

well you know I did it!
cause I sent it to you!!!

love teen xx

periwinkle said...

we had a lilac bedroom when we moved too -- the walls are now cream but unfortunately we still have the lilac carpet -- yuk yuk yuk
lisa x

Things Hand Made said...

Love the hat but a bit of a startled bunny look!