Tuesday, 3 March 2009

round + round we go, where to stop I don't know!

I'm quite excited about this if a little horrified too!
Armed with the tiniest needles I have ever used I went along to my knitting course last night.
We were all learning socks - only a few of us were complete novices! I actually understand it but what got me was the shear scale and all those needles! I have to admit I struggled - not with the knitting side just with where to put the needles not in use! I came home, got a large glass of wine, sat myself down and sorted it out - I have got them under wraps now and click clacking away.
I'm using a bamboo wool that is ombre'd - those first few tricky rows are in blue - annoyingly the same colour as the skirt I was wearing - which didn't help! It's exciting to work with wool like this as it's hard to know just what sort of pattern you are going to get at the end!


3 comments:

Macpurp said...

i am liking how it looks so far!!!

xoxox

Pinkie Cupcake said...

Well done! I'm expecting a lesson when we come round next week ;-)

Shelagh C. in Houston said...

It does look realy good and I like the way it's "striping".

Another hint is to pull your yarn as tight as you can between needles to prevent the "ladder" effect up the sock.

Keep on knitting!