Monday, 23 November 2009

well... helloo!

My posts are dwindling again. It just must be the time of year - eek 5 weeks till Christmas! I feel like I'm on a roundabout and every day is whizzing past my face!
I want to get off!!
It's not the looming Christmas that is bothering me, just the busy time it brings. Work is very busy with lots of babies coming in, evening do's booked up and everyone always wanting more. I have done most of my Christmas shopping online and loving all the parcels that turn up. Hiding them is not so easy!

Today though S and I went shopping. It was the perfect day to leave it all behind, even though it was raining. We walked our socks off down Marylebone High street.Do you know what shop is down there? We did and we were going!

We were in there for hours. I bought a few Christmas presents, apple print napkins for a cousin, a proper handkerchief for T with London sites on it (he's into them - don't ask!).
I couldn't resist a treat for me too. Some welly socks and a beautiful beret. S. said it was very me - it took little persuasion!


We have our school Bring and Buy sale on Friday too, so much planning and making has been going into that. I've done the posters but am re branding it as the Christmas Bring and Buy Fair - will drop the B+B bit next year!


I'm very tired tonight after all the walking - looking forward to a night on the sofa, knitting and watching Fast Forward with a glass of red!

Hic... indeed I did mean Flash Forward!

6 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Wow! you don't know how much that look inside Kath Kidsons store means to me! I have always wanted a peek in there :)Thank You!
I love the beret and socks...cute on anybody! xx

two hippos said...

you have been busy, I love the heart decorations. Best of luck with the fair!

periwinkle said...

cute hearts and snowmen - good luck with the fair -- do you mean Flash Forward by any chance ( been at the red already lol? )

Pinkie Cupcake said...

It was a great day and my feet have still not recovered!

I haven't updated my blog for agesssss. Too busy sewing for the hand-made stall too!

The beret IS very you, you just had to buy it!

Pinkie Cupcake said...

It was a great day and my feet have still not recovered!

I haven't updated my blog for agesssss. Too busy sewing for the hand-made stall too!

The beret IS very you, you just had to buy it!

Garden Girl said...

what a fabulous day out-and how massive is that Cath shop? the nearest one to us is tiny in comparison!
Lovely beret, and wonderful socks-I was stroking them today and contemplating whether or not to buy. Alas, I didn't. Dammit.x