Sunday, 28 February 2010

Birthday Weekend

Another year older!
21 again.Where does it go? A lovely Birthday weekend with lots of lovely presents and flowers. I do like having flowers in the house - especially at the moment when it is so grey and wet.


I was given a lovely a ceramic hare with the longest of ears, a Radley black bag, cosy blanket in beautiful colours, a large plant pot - again in beautiful colours and some beautiful bunches of flowers that are scattered around the house.





We had a delicious lunch at Skylon, Royal Festival Hall. F+T particularly loved the white chocolate fountain and marshmallows for pudding! Afterwards we went to see The Rime of the Ancient Mariner at the Queen Elizabeth Hall.


I was dropped off at Elephant and Castle tube after a flying visit to Osborne and Little's sale in the morning (more later!) I went to London College of Printing and it's been many years since I was there. The warren like subways have not changed!
I've always loved the upholstery on the tubes.


What I've been doing this week.
Well, mostly pondering the allotment quilt. I have decided it will have two sides (obviously!!) but what I mean is, 2 patchworked sides! One side is the one I had completed that was mostly flowers the other side is going to be vegetables. It's still a work in progress and I'm afraid I'm still winging it and making it up as I go along!! Just hope it works out.
I've also been doing some rippling...


...but need more wool, which I'm just waiting to be delivered.

6 comments:

two hippos said...

Happy Birthday! And you braved the Osborne and Little sale, I managed 20 minuets before I had to leave-just so mad!

Lady Hip said...

Birthday greetings and many happy returns! Radley bags are very special and the flowers look beautiful.

periwinkle said...

Happy Birthday , sounds like you got spoilt :-)..... loving the ripple

Claudette said...

Love your photos Gill - especially the train carriage, that is perfect.

Things Hand Made said...

happy birthday to you.... happy birthday to you.... its nice to be spoilt!

two hippos said...

hello again. Just to let you know I have nominated you for a sunshine blogger award, the link is over on my blog.
R