Sunday, 21 February 2010

stuck


I started this quilt a good couple of years ago after seeing Jane Brocket, over on her Yarnstorm blog, had made an allotment quilt. I fell in love with the vibrant colours (my photos do not reflect this mind due to the grey weather but it is honest!)

Now I have only got this far and don't know where to go with it. I have 4 metres or so of these fabrics that were intended for this quilt but have got stuck.

I also have lots of squares. Do I just sew them together as squares or make triangles? But triangles aren't very 'allotment' like. I think I need some earth brown in there, maybe?? somewhere??

Hmm, have pondered with all my books but still have no idea.


Then I found these fabrics and thought ooh a cake/coffee/tea/sugar/sweet kind of quilt!
But no, lets concentrate on the one in hand!