Saturday, 26 June 2010

a very Scottish affair...


Our long weekend in Scotland for a family wedding was full of sunshine, rarely seen family and dancing! Going by train is very much the way to go. I have always hated the car journeys up, although it is far better now the in-laws have moved to Crieff from the wilds of the West Coast. Ending your 9 hour journey driving round lochs was no fun!
I could sit and do a bit of sock knitting and crochet. Read the papers, play cards and listen to music gazing out to the speeding countryside.
We arrived feeling far less stresed and in need of that Father in Laws extremely powerful gin and tonic - but didn't say no to one!


The wedding was very simple and lovely and the weather couldn't have been better. We were able to drink champagne out in the late afternoon sun.
F+T looked very smart in their three piece suits and Murray Tartan ties. The suits I bought off Ebay believe it or not for £24 each!



I guess you might be wondering which outfit I went for... it was number 3 with a raspberry pink cardi and a simple flower headband. I don't have a great photo so you'll have to take my word!
The evening ended with a bonfire and Ceilidh dancing which Ted enjoyed thoroughly! I on the other hand spent my time laughing so much as I really didn't have a clue what I was doing and was forever steps behind everyone else. Only grasping it towards the end when the dance had finished!

Today I've lost my voice - I have no idea where... how careless of me.
A customer at the shop told me cold drinks were not the best thing for my sore throat - darn - it's 100 degrees out there, isn't it?!
I was so looking forward to a largest of large glass of white wine... hmm how soothing it must be... and numbing in many other ways too, surely medicinal?
She was the only one to offer sympathy and get better wishes - the others were selfish and kept asking 'what?'

4 comments:

The List Writer said...

That might be my most favourite photos OF ALL TIME of Ted!!

Things Hand Made said...

fab photos of the boys! it does look a nice wedding. I think you boys must a similar age to my eldest It is scary to think the secondary school is looming round the corner. Hope the voice returns quickly.

Macpurp said...

what fantastic photos of your beautiful boys!
but not one of you & M!!
hope to catch up with you the next time you are up North.
much love teen xx

Milan said...

these are such great photos !