Wednesday, 11 August 2010

projects finished/projects started

Completed - after all this time. I thought I'd finished it ages ago but a friend urged me to do another few rows, which I did but it wasn't enough. I also ended on a red row and somehow this was wrong. I have started and now finished with an aqua row and I feel it is done now.


A project just started and being done on a 'make up as you go along' kind of way. I bought this stool in IKEA for £9 in the bargain corner. It was only a little grubby, so has had its cover washed. It now sits in front of my chair waiting for its new crochet jumper to be fitted - how it will look I don't know.


You can see a possible bad start here... circle to square. I can do corners - it will be fine. I have some sort of image in my head how it will look - but know it won't!

Something else waiting in the wings is this giant quilt just waiting to be quilted. Is it easy to just do random quilting in a curly kind of way with no guide lines? Or am I aiming too high?

Anyway, that's the plan - it's ready to come on holiday to Southwold in a few weeks.

During my week in Whitstable I started another quilt - not the one I was planning
but another. I took my sewing machine on holiday as M wasn't holidaying with us and the thought of evenings by myself just didn't appeal.
So I started this quilt, I guess it's a cheats way of doing circles - but a darn good one!


I came home feeling very inspired with all my holiday crafting so decided to tidy my sewing table - this is tidy. And under the desk is only a very small proportion of my stash. And yes someone drew on the tailors dummy - I didn't realise when I bought her!!

I need some storage in this room but don't know what. Thinking of those big draw like things IKEA sell that go under the bed (there is a double bed in the room) which would be ideal - may need a few though.

7 comments:

periwinkle said...

I know exactly what you mean about the ripple - i did exactly the same , just a few more , just a few more lol. Started and ended on the same colour too. Good luck with the quilt and the stool cover

two hippos said...

I'm impressed taking your sewing machine away on holiday! I do love your ripple blanket, just brilliant.

Mickymar said...

I hear you on the crafting room, seems one room is just never enough space. Under the bed storage is great, as it can provide quite a lot of room for your items. Best part.. its out of sight!

I love your afghan. I love crochet, and now that crochet, and just learned tatting are stress busters. Thanks so much for sharing.

Gift Baskets

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.