Tuesday, 18 October 2011

ambling with Degas


I've been missing my walks with Nancy these last few weeks so I went to see the Degas exhibition at the Royal Academy and to just amble around London for a few hours.

I had a 10 o'clock slot and was actually the first to go into the exhibition, so for a good few minutes I had Degas all to myself.
It was very dark in there especially after waiting in the sunny courtyard and it took me a while to get used to such a dim and dull light. I love Degas' work it made me want to start painting again and to dig out my pastels.


Afterwards I ambled around London, trying to avoid the main roads - although I did pop into Anthropologie - this is my all time favourite shop. I head straight downstairs to the home and kitchen section - oh and the sale room! I love all the plates, cups, glasses, pretty tea towels etc.
I bought a door knob...which I spent ages over, thinking where I could fit more door knobs into my house! Wish I'd photographed them all now.


I didn't really take any pictures, I was just happy to look and be inspired.

1 comment:

Macpurp said...

oooh I want a nosey round there! Looks fab!
love teen xx