Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Yoke cardi.



My Yoke Cardi is done!
It was a very easy pattern to follow, although at times I worryied if I'd followed the Japanese pattern right and I think I did, although I had some reassuring help from Ravelry! 
My only one issue is the armhole. I love that the yoke creates the top part of it but the pattern called for the body part to rejoin after 6 rows of starting the fronts and back. I think I could have gotten away with half that - if any, as the armhole is a little big for my liking. 
The yarn I used is BlueSky Alpaca Sports weight in a beautiful mustard colour called Dijon. The three buttons I found in my stash of antique buttons. I love it so much I think I might even make another one!


  I actually finished this over a week ago, in fact it could be two, but things happened in the Moss Stitch family that made everything just stop. 
It started with a phone call - you know the sort. The one you probably knew would be coming at some point in your life, then when it does everything implodes and you are not prepared. I wont go into it as its still in the air with uncertainty but basically parents and their health.
Crocheting is keeping me sane!

3 comments:

Things Hand Made said...

Cardigan is lovely but it's sounds like life is a little complicated at the moment. Hope it all resolves well.
Thinking of you.....don't forget to breathe.
Jo

inkberryblue said...

I love your cardigan! If you have time, would you be able to post a link to the pattern please. Gorgeous work!
Fiona

Garden Girl said...

Sorry you're having a tough time with you parents..the cardi is a beauty x